Today’s a big day for us – and an even bigger day for the wider Ceph and software-defined storage (SDS) community, because today we’re completely changing the face of how SDS is managed.
We’re coming to you live from CloudFest 2019 and are thrilled to announce the launch of HyperDrive Storage Manager: a first-of-its-kind, powerful, unified and intuitive online system designed to radically simplify the management of your Ceph software and storage hardware.
It’s no secret that Ceph is the undeniable leader in open-source software that underpins enterprise-level software-defined storage solutions. However, anyone that’s had to administer Ceph in the past will know that it can be frustratingly challenging to manage. Whilst incredibly powerful, it’s also incredibly complex, requiring specialist technicians to deploy and manage the software. From building and configuring the hardware, to installing operating systems – all before you even get to install Ceph. Then, having to configure Ceph and deploy the management tool dependencies… the list goes on! This has inhibited the true potential of Ceph for many organizations.
Well, all that is about to change. You’ve asked and we’ve listened.
“We’ve always been committed to making software-defined storage simple, and so we’re thrilled to finally bring Storage Manager to the SDS and Ceph community. Customers have been asking for something like this for a while now, and we’ve spent a great deal of time working with them and leading Ceph experts to deliver it. It really is the first of its’ kind and is going to make this powerful technology so much more accessible” says Tim Massey, CEO of SoftIron.
The solution is a simple, feature-rich management tool that reduces the overhead of Ceph management and is set to be a game-changer for system administrators.
SoftIron’s Storage Manager is delivered via a sleek and intuitive online interface, allowing you to:
- Simplify and centralize the management of HyperDrive and Ceph
- Update, monitor, maintain and upgrade HyperDrive nodes
- Manage file shares SMB (CIFS) and NFS, object stores (S3 and Swift), and block devices (iSCSI and RBD (RADOS block device)
- Remove the complexity of maintaining several hardware and software solutions
- Gain visibility into Ceph storage health, current utilization and predicted storage growth
- All this is delivered via a sleek and intuitive online interface which is ideal for storage administrators or help desk personnel who are responsible for managing storage configuration or shares.
Tim says “We know we’ve solved a huge problem for the industry, this is going to revolutionize the way in which organizations administer their data storage by creating better transparency and alleviating technician expertise for more worthwhile projects, thus saving time and money. We’re really proud of the team and look forward to the feedback.”
Learn more about HyperDrive Storage Manager here, or contact us to book a demo.